Centennial Memory Project

Holy Name

Holy Name Students

Holy Name Students

Holy Name School, 7th and 8th grade
April 2, 1917

From the collection of Bertha Graen Weyenberg

Feast of Corpus Christi

Feast of Corpus Christi

Holy Name Church ca. 1920s

Moving the Sister House

The old Holy Name convent was moved in March of 1959. They couldn't go down Kimberly Avenue, because there were too many big trees to cut down, so they had to move over frozen ground. They cut across the west church parking field (which is now blacktop parking). You enter the lot from the back into lot owned by George Langenhuizen on Maes Avenue. The building now houses 3 apartments. The moving contractor was Berg and Hen Movers.

Moving Old Convent Moving Old Convent Moving Old Convent Moving Old Convent Moving Old Convent

ca. 1959

Photos courtesy of Ila Mae Langenhuizen

Holy Name Parsonage Fire

Old parsonage for Holy Name was used for fire practice by Fire Department and then later demolished.

Holy Name Parsonage Holy Name Parsonage

ca. 1987

Photos courtesy of Ila Mae Langenhuizen

Holy Name School

Holy Name School Class of 1913

Holy Name School Class

Kimberly, WI 1913, , , , 

Holy Name Church

Holy Name Church

Holy Name Church, Kimberly, WI.
ca. 1900