Affordable Care Act Information
The Patient Protection and Affordable Card Act, commonly called the Affordable Care Act (ACA) or Obamacare, aims to increase the quality and affordability of health insurance, lower the uninsured rate by expanding public and private insurance coverage, and reduce the costs of healthcare for individuals and the government. The ACA has been called the most comprehensive change to our nation's health care delivery system since Medicare. Are you ready?
Library staff cannot help you make decisions about your health care and insurance, but we can provide you the information you will need to make an informed decision. The links below will help you get started. The library has Internet computers available for your use - if you require extended time on them to complete your application for insurance, please let library staff know before you begin.
- November 15, 2014 - Marketplace open enrollment starts
- February 15, 2015 - Open enrollment ends
- A brief overview of the ACA from Family Voices of Wisconsin
- ACA Fact Sheets from Covering Kids & Families WI
- A glossary of terms you will need to understand
- A checklist of information you will need for your application
- Video about the Health Insurance Marketplace APPLICATION (6 minutes)
- Video about the Health Insurance Marketplace ENROLLMENT (4 minutes)
Partnership Community Health Center has certified Application Counselors on staff to help local residents through the enrollment process. Contact them for more information about the services available to you.
Partnership Community Health Center
1814 N. Appleton Road
Appleton, WI 54913
- HealthCare.gov, Health Insurance Marketplace: 1-800-318-2596
- BadgerCare Questions: 1-888-794-5556
Wisconsin will be served by the HealthCare.gov Marketplace to apply for coverage, compare health insurance options, and enroll. This web site provides information about the following questions and more:
- What is the Health Insurance Marketplace?
- What is the Marketplace in my state?
- How can I get lower costs on coverage?
- How much will Marketplace Insurance cost?
- What if I'm self-employed?
- What if I have a pre-existing condition?
- Do I qualify for Medicaid?
- What if someone doesn't have coverage?
ACCESS - Access to Eligibility Support Services for Health and Nutrition (WI)
Learn about Wisconsin's health, nutrition, and child care programs.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance
This site includes fact sheets about the ACA for consumers, employers, and insurers.
Wisconsin Area Health Education Center System
Resources to assist WI health professionals and concerned community members who are implementing the ACA and/or facilitating Health Exchange insurance signups during Fall 2013. Includes helpful information for all consumers.
Additional Articles & Web Sites